Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Berba fears new rival

DIMITAR BERBATOV fears his flagging Manchester United career will come under even more pressure if they buy a new striker.

The hitman, who yesterday quit international football with Bulgaria, has been a flop since his £30.75million move from Spurs two seasons ago.

Boss Alex Ferguson is already looking to sign either Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka or Real Madrid's Karim Benzema for the next campaign.

Berbatov, 29, has two years left on his deal and admitted: "I'm sure United will buy a new striker - but I am there and that's important.

"I will try to fulfil my contract because where would I go after United? I have reached the top with them. I do not know about interest from other clubs and I have had no meetings.

"In my two years, things could have been better but they could have been worse, too. I have had my moments.

"I have won the title and the Carling Cup but people had great expectations for the money it cost to sign me. We do not know what will happen in the third year."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment