Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Michael Owen targets US comeback

A hamstring injury sustained in February's Carling Cup final cut short Michael Owen's first season as a United player. Now, after surgery and months of rehabilitation, the striker says he's looking forward to lacing up his boots on United's pre-season tour.

Speaking at the launch of Sky Sports 1&2 on BT Vision, Owen revealed he's nearing full fitness.

"I'll be ready for the start of the season, although I might have to miss one or two pre-season games on the American tour," he said.

That news may come as a blow to fans in Toronto, where United kick off pre-season preparations on 16 July, but supporters in Philadelphia, Kansas City, Houston and Guadalajara (Mexico) will be hopeful of seeing Owen in action.

He's certainly making good progress and has worked hard over summer in order to make a full recovery from an injury that turned out far more serious than first thought.

"Basically, I tore my hamstring. It came apart. I had surgery to tie it back together and at this stage I'm not sprinting but I am kicking balls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment